Apply to the 2024 Simcoe County Theatre Festival!
Oh yes, we’re back!
The third annual Simcoe County Theatre Festival lands in Barrie in July 2024.
Now is the time to submit your applications to be a part of it!
Time to submit your scripts! If you want your play to be produced in the Festival, your play must:
- Between 35-50 minutes in length (one act!)
- Call for no more than five performers
PRO TIP: Check out this document on formatting scripts before you submit.
Want to direct one of the Festival shows? Now's the time to show us what you've got.
- Submit a resumé and Letter of Intent
- You must be connected to Simcoe County in order to qualify for the Festival
If you've got a team of artists that wants to participate in the Festival, submit as a group!
- You must have the playwright, director, and up to five artists CONFIRMED at the time of your submission
- You also need to have a script or project proposal outlined
Keep in mind that all Festival submissions will be read and judged by the Festival Selection Committee.
The Committee is a group of artists and community members from Simcoe County that will evaluate your submission.
TBTB Staff DO NOT directly decide the Festival programming. Keep this in mind as you proceed!
Monday, January 15, 2024: Application Deadline
February 2024: Short Listed Productions Chosen
March 2024: Final Productions Chosen
Early April 2024: Auditions
Late April 2024: Rehearsals begin
July 6-10, 2024: Tech Week
July 10-21, 2024: Performances
The Festival is running from July 10th to 21st, 2024, at the Five Points Theatre.
You have to live, work in, or have strong ties to Simcoe County. We prioritize submissions from those in the Simcoe County region first.
Yes! All successful applicants will receive an honorarium for their work in the Festival.
Fear not, actor friends! Auditions will be open in Spring 2024, once we've finalized the list of productions for the Festival.
If you're a playwright or director, yes you do. It's an important part for the Festival Committee to see. Those who do not submit a Letter of Intent may not be considered for the Festival.
- Not necessarily! It must be at a phase where staging it in July 2024 is feasible. It's a bit of an imperfect science - but keep in mind you'll be required to workshop and develop the script further in the rehearsal process.
- For bring your own teams, the Festival Committee will consider detailed project proposals in lieu of a script. But remember to give a clear sense of what you want to accomplish and how you realistically will accomplish it in the time allotted.
If you're having troubles with the form or need an alternative arrangement for submitting your information, please email us at:
and we'll be happy to support you in any way we can.