Presented in partnership with Tourism Barrie. See below for an explanation of their incredible contribution.
Summer of 2021
Join us for this thrilling experience which combines a walking tour, cutting-edge augmented reality, and live theatre to tell the stories of seven spectres trapped in downtown Barrie.
- Downtown Barrie (beginning at Heritage Park - check out our event page for more information).
- Approximately 90 minutes. Includes walking. Designed with social distancing in mind.
By Emily Adams, Mary Barnes, Rhiannon Hoover, Rochelle Reynolds, and Trudee Romanek
Based on a concept by Michael Whyte
Directed by Iain Moggach
Participants are HIGHLY encouraged to bring headphones/earbuds and a (charged) cellphone with a data plan. Phones should have the ability to scan a QR code. If you are unsure if your phone has the ability to scan QR codes, please click HERE to scan our test file. If it does not work, you can also download a QR code scanner app through your app store.
An accessibility version of the experience is currently in development for those with mobility and vision issues.
- James Dallas Smith
- Candy Pryce
- David Evans
- Alinka Angelova
- Sarah Warren
- Breanne Tice
- Heather Dennis
Plus Claire Allen, Alyssa Bartholomew, Dawn Cain, and Sabrina Merks as the Tour Guides
- Augmented Reality developed by Sherpa Marketing
- Associate Producer and Video Editor - Michael Whyte
- Videographer - Greg McFadden
- Sound Designer & Composer - Joshua Doerksen
- Costume Design - Brenda Thompson
- Hair and Make-up - Inara Poleshuk
- Assistant Director - Pascale Graveline-Pleau
- Dramaturgs - Mary Harris and Leah Holder
Developed with support of Tourism Barrie, whose generous partnership allowed TBTB to create the cutting-edge augmented reality experience that audiences will get to enjoy!
We are grateful for the support of the City of Barrie’s Cultural Granting Program, the Downtown Barrie Business Association, and our generous sponsors, members, and donors.