Theatre by the Bay’s mission is to produce high-quality professional theatre productions at an affordable price in Barrie.
It is also our goal to hire performers and technical staff, wherever possible, from the local area. We will strive to increase job opportunities in the region, generate support for the arts by businesses and individuals locally and across the province and promote arts education.
In addition, we are confident that our high calibre theatrical productions will increase the volume of visitors to Barrie and will positively impact the region’s tourism and service industries.
Theatre by the Bay’s mandate is…
- To create an environment where the highest level of professional, live theatre is easily embraced and affordably accessed by the citizens of Barrie and surrounding area, with a focus on telling stories of our local community.
- To develop educational programs for all ages and demonstrate the social importance and richness of the arts, and to promote active participation in the performing arts.
- To be the marquis for live theatre in Barrie and assist the City as it presents itself to the world as a strong, cultural and economic centre.
- Theatre by the Bay will forge strong partnerships with other local cultural organizations. Together we will build on combined strengths and common goals to create initiatives that will solidify Barrie’s position as being an Arts City.
Recent credits and awards
Barrie Business Awards
- Not-for-Profit/Charitable Organization of the Year (2017 Finalist)
- Young Professional of the Year – Iain Moggach, Executive Director (2017 Finalist)
Barrie Examiner Reader’s Choice Awards
Best Live Theatre 2017
Barrie Arts Awards
Excellence in the Arts – Alex Dault (2017)
Emerging Artist – Alex Dault (2015)